I accidentally discovered the exotic notes of slowed down birdsong whilst videoing a bee on a flower using ‘slo-mo’ on my phone.
As part of the Somerset Re-acquainted project I have been studying slowed down birdsong and using it to draw patterns with a view to using these on my ceramics. The bird song, even slowed down remained complex and I enjoyed the simpler flight patterns of the same birds.
Here is my short video “dawn bird song slowed” (5am, wren with blackbird and distant chaffinch)
- Engage artists in Somerset during this time
- Support artists to develop their practice and reach audiences
- Explore new approaches and inspiration
- Develop new work reflecting the uniqueness of Somerset
- Provide peer support and artist-led activities
- Support digital innovation and showcase opportunities
The British Library – Revealing the Hidden Beauty of Birdsong
– What might birdsong sound like in bird time?